Pages

Saturday, December 4, 2010

How I Ended Up Lunching in the Wal-Mart Parking Lot

My personal journey hasn't taken me anywhere exciting, such as Dubrovnik, for several years now.  Instead, I revel in the treats of daily life in Utah.   Here's a journey through a half day which culminated with lunch in a parking lot.

1 am - Slept.  Bedtime, after an evening of concerts and playing Christmas carols and Canon in D on my flute, was so welcome.

8:30 am - Rolled out.  I attended to proprietary blogging activities, thus setting things up for yet another week.

9:30 am - Scrambled.  Got ready for yoga in three minutes and flew out the door.

10:00 am - Pretzeled.  Posed.  Perspired.  Let it go.  I have been going to Bikram Yoga since August 2009, although physically, there are days when my body thinks it's my first day, again. 

11:45 am - Jeweled.  My Happy Place, JoAnn's, was overwhelmingly slammed with the Christmas spirit.  Several brands of beads, not necessarily the ones hanging where signs were posted, were on sale 2-for-1.

1:00 pm - Wendy'ed.  The Wendy's $4.99 special is unbelievable. Heaven forbid if you order the same items separately ... you will get overcharged and they'll act as if you are from another planet when you ask to have your bill adjusted.  My friend who overheard the entire thing on the phone took pity on me.

1:30 pm - Driveway'ed.  Lunch for two was to be at my daughter's, I thought, but alas, she'd become so inspired by my craft-supply-buying (which is as we all know, inspirational) that she went to pick up a few provisions.

1:45 pm - Lotted.  I wandered about the parking lot of an undisclosed major big box discount retailer while talking to Ang by phone.  Okay, it was Wal-Mart.  Sorry.  I didn't go in because I was still wearing my peach-post-yoga-toga and I'd not showered.

2:00 pm - Dined.  While we were sitting there in the parking lot, we saw quite the fashion show.  The Apple Pecan Salad was quite tasty and the chicken wrap was, in a word, cold.  We compared shopping finds but shhhhhh ... Christmas gifts are involved.  The rest of the conversation was about her leaking roof and baby layette items.  (She works at babysteals.com so even without having a little one, she eats, drinks, and sleeps babies.)


So alas, there's another item off the bucket list.  Daily life brings such amazing gifts.  Dining in the Wal-Mart parking lot.  The confluence of mother-daughter quality time, lunch, and a chilly car on a snow-free day.  In the Wal-Mart parking lot.  Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment