Pages

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Life ... It's Just a Movie

Mired in life drama?

Try this: think of life as a movie. After I was telling Anna, one of my former co-workers, about the comedic situation surrounding my breakup with a boyfriend, she laughed hysterically and said to me, "Don't ever get married!" Her point was that hearing about my life provided her with so much comic relief, she couldn't imagine not hearing my next story of love drama. Sometimes life is a comedy, other times it's a drama. And at times, you are the star, but often you don't even have a speaking part.

Detaching in the sense of watching a movie takes some of the emotion out of the challenging situations of our lives. When the going gets tough, you can "watch" from a more subjective vantage point than immerse yourself in the moment. And it's free ... you don't even have to buy a ticket!

No comments:

Post a Comment