Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Music Marathon, Day 2, part A: Trace Adkins

The motorcycle lot in front of USANA Amphitheater was filled to capacity.
I was standing near the VIP section when Trace Adkins walked on stage.  I don't know if I had ever seen him that close.  I had no idea.  Not wanting to ruin my conservative image (ha), I'll spare the details of what I said next.  I ran over to a couple of women about my age. I knew they'd understand.

Trace was already singing and we were enveloped by his deep baritone voice that sounds like it starts from his toes. 

"Did you see that, the way he walked on stage like that? I stuttered to a woman nearby me.

"He's sooooooooo hot," she said.

"What a rush," I added.

Okay, enough about my teen gawking moment.  Wikipedia says he's married.  I'll go with that.  But if anyone knows where my tall, single and available cowboy with the pony tail is, let me know.

Adkins had the crowd singing along during "Honky Tonk Badonkadonk," "You're Gonna Miss This," and "(This Ain't) No Thinkin' Thing."  What a great voice and a great entertainer.  I was there to see Toby Keith but so far as I'm concerned, Trace stole the show.

Disclosure: I was a volunteer at this concert. I received NO compensation for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment