Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

Postcards from Vietnam ... Continued

The latest postcard from Vietnam proves the question "which way to the beach?" is not just for California.  Where better to go than Emperor Minh Mang's summer home, located at the south central coast of Vietnam?  The Province of Khanh Hoa is home to lagoons, rivers, and hundreds of islands.
After being in a blizzard in Philly last week, seeing this intriguing and colorful site on the postcard above warmed me.  I had to chuckle, though, in hearing my friend Kevin's account of the day-long, toilet-less bus ride back to Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon).

I had originally scheduled this post to hit the cyberpress on Monday at 6:51 pm and by chance, I reviewed mail at 6:45 pm and I intercepted this second post card from Kevin.  The picturesque Hoang Lien Nature Reserve at Sa Pa in Vietnam consists of metamorphosed sediments and a granitic intrusion. The fascinating landscape below would be an alluring site at which to hold a sunrise or sunset yoga class.
And the whimsical postage stamps are worth taking a peak, too.  Here is a calico cat, double en-stamped.  I wonder what it'd be like to be a postage stamp designer in Vietnam.  Ponderances for another day.  I'm off to Sundance Film Festival.


No comments:

Post a Comment