Pages

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Go To The Beach Today, Without Leaving Town

I love the beach. 

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

Sand between my toes ...
     white caps on the waves ...
          warm sun shining down on my bare arms ...
               sound of the waves crashing on the shore ...
                    soft breeze blowing gently on my shoulders ...
                         azure ocean ebbing and flowing with rhythmic consistency ...
                              cool water splashing on my ankles as I walk along the shore ...

Just for a minute, or maybe an hour, the beach can be yours for the taking.  Free Nature Sounds is a website that offers lifelike nature sounds at the ready.  You'll find not only the beach but also rain, fire, thunderstorms, tropical birds, and other sounds of nature.

So ... get away this weekend. At least you can hear the waves hitting the beach, and that may be the mental vacation you need.  Even if you can't leave town.

Photography by Angela Fairbanks

No comments:

Post a Comment