Pages

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Lady Antebellum: It's a Quarter After One, I'm (Not) a Little Drunk, and I Need You Now


Drunk dialing, drunk texting. Always done in the wee hours. I've never done it in part because I don't drink much.  But the temptation to reconnect with a former amore is a powerful force to be reckoned with (and reckon, you should, with or without alcohol).  Lady Antebellum's "I Need You Now" aptly and poetically captures this all-too-common situation.

The "warm up" band for Tim McGraw's Southern Voice tour, Lady Antebellum, played their growing litany of hits with the sun still blaring and in the summer heat of about 98 degrees at Utah's USANA Amphitheater on Friday.  Warm enough indeed.  Together since 2006, this trio of Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley, and Hillary Scott has already racked up hits like "I Run to You," "Looking for a Good Time," and "American Honey," among others.  The audience knew all the lyrics.  It's no surprise that Lady Antebellum won Country Music Association's New Artist of the Year Award in 2008.  Their acoustical energy and non-twangy harmonic sound has wide appeal.  They'll be around awhile, at least let's hope.
Disclosure: I was a volunteer at this concert. I received NO compensation for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment