Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

Unexpected Floral Gifts From the Neighbors

"As life becomes harder and more threatening, it also becomes richer, 
because the fewer expectations we have, the more good things of life become 
unexpected gifts that we accept with gratitude."
– Etty Hillesum, Dutch Jewish writer known for her diaries and correspondence from Westerbork concentration camp 


There are days. Life is hard. Or it can be.  Still, spring is finally making an appearance in northern Utah.  And thank goodness.

Flowering bush sneaking through the fence

This week, I've been chuckling as my neighbors' flowering bush sneaked into my yard, giving me an unexpected spring surprise.  The bush with white flowers and the tree with pink blossoms brighten my day. Who wouldn't be pleased at seeing this from the living room window?

The big picture with flowering tree
A couple summers ago, another neighbor picked a bouquet of blooming sage in my front yard and brought it to me at my front door as if the bouquet was a gift.  He noted that their azure color matched my blue eyes. I wasn't lured by his charms, especially after I walked out front and saw where he had picked blooming flowers from my flower bed. But it was a funny and memorable moment.

Flower bed near the top of the waterfall

Flowers. I love looking at them and I love photographing them. And I love looking at the photographs of them.

Pike's Place - Seattle
Whenever or however flowers come into my life is fine with me. If they make it into the house, they're put into a vase and stay there til dead or very close.
My Valentine's Day flowers, after a week or so

No comments:

Post a Comment